I don’t solely review books on this blog. But I do sometimes talk about different books and I will continue to talk about the elements of various books. Basically this post contains reasons why I find it difficult to review book(s).
- I cannot simply keep track of every single line while reading books and make notes of it. I feel like it would make it hard for me to enjoy the book at its fullest if I start making notes about things I liked or disliked about it.
- I believe if I start reviewing books then I would (a) either roast it to a point where people will literally start hating me or (b) praise it to the point where people will literally not read it.
- I have no idea how to write a review. Doesn’t mean I can’t talk about it, it is just I find it difficult to follow these ‘rules’ in writing reviews.
- I don’t know how to review a book simply without spoiling it. I get overly excited while talking about it that I kind of spill the things which I’m not supposed to.
- Whenever I sit to write a review of a book I instantly go blank and forget what I read in the book.
- I sometimes lose motivation to write one. For instance I finished reading Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi this morning and I sat down to write a review but I lost motivation even before I started writing it.
- I can’t keep track of the quotes in order to use them in my reviews.
- I don’t know how to make my reviews look attractive (I know there are some sort of techniques to make your review look good!)
- I don’t know when, where or which kind of gifs to use in the reviews.
- Lastly, I sometimes cannot seem to force myself to read the books writers want me to read in exchange of a review because even if the book had been in my TBR for so long however if someone tells me to read it then I wouldn’t be able to make up my mind to read it.
So these were the reasons why I find it difficult to review books. I have massive respect for the reviewers and I believe they should be given the credit and respect they deserve. I might try to write reviews including one of Shatter Me since it is my recent read and then I will decide if I want to continue writing it in future or not.
Comment down below if you review books or if you also think that it is difficult to review them.
Until next time.
A Bibliophile. ❤